Date(s) - 09/03/2017
8:30 am-4:00 pm
Categories No Categories
This workshop is designed to ensure staff have the knowledge and tools to create a welcome environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) patients, staff and visitors within the hospital. This program will help your organization build a corporate strategy to meet the needs of the diverse population within your health care facility.
• To challenge homophobic/transphobic language and behaviours
• To develop measurable actions to ensure the environment is safe, inclusive and protects the dignity of LGBTQ colleagues and clients
• Discuss common words to express sexual orientation, gender identity and genders expression in Canada
• Identify examples of homophobic and transphobic language and behaviour
• Highlight examples of LGBTQ discrimination and harassment
• Demonstrate and share an empathetic understanding of the challenges faced by members of the LGBTQ communities
• Propose ways to make your environment safe and inclusive for LGBTQ staff
• Identify the protected characteristics of the Ontario Human Rights Code
• Develop an action plan for your organization
Questions? Please contact Laura Stevens, Program Manager, Education Programs, Ontario Hospital Association.