When is the conference?
- Tuesday, March 20: The registration desk opens in the afternoon
- Wednesday, March 21: Conference activities begin with optional pre-conference Learning Institutes
- Thursday, March 22 to Saturday, March 24: Main conference programming
Where does the conference take place?
The Radisson Sudbury Hotel, at 85 Ste Anne Road in Sudbury, Ontario. Delegates must make and pay for their own travel and hotel arrangements.
What accommodations are available?
- Rooms at the Radisson Sudbury are sold out. The Conference has booked an additional block of rooms at the Clarion Hotel (117 Elm St., Sudbury( just up the road from the Radisson (the conference site). Guests can book direct through the front desk at 705-674-7517 and ask for the “Rainbow Health Ontario 2018 Conference” block. Standard – $124, Executive Queen – $134 and Executive King – $144, plus taxes.
Quote the Group Code 1803RBHONT to guarantee preferred rates.
Who can attend the conference?
Anyone interested in LGBT2SQ health issues. We welcome health and social service providers, nurse practitioners, doctors, nurses, researchers, policy makers and community activists.
How can I register for the conference?
- Online registration begins in October when the preliminary conference program is available. Early bird registration at a discount ends on Friday, February 2, 2018.
- Learning Institute only registration is available.
- Presenter registration fee: confirmed presenters can register for the full conference at a special rate of $375 per person, the full conference and Learning Institute for $500, or day-of your presentation for $250.
- Student rate: student rates apply to full-time university and college students only. Proof of student status must be sent with your registration to receive the reduced student rate. Please refer to the registration fee chart.
- Single-day registration: is available, but we encourage participants to attend the entire conference to maximize their learning and networking opportunities.
Please refer to the registration fee chart for information on all registration level options.
What does the conference registration fee include?
The full conference registration fee includes:
- access to all conference sessions, the exhibit hall, poster presentations, and conference materials;
- a welcome reception;
- breakfast and lunch on Thursday, Friday and Saturday; and
- all refreshment breaks.
Single-day registration fees include access to conference sessions and the exhibit hall, materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks on that day only.
What does the Learning Institute registration fee include?
The Learning Institute registration fee includes a full day of learning, materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks on Tuesday, March 20 only.
Can I register online and pay later?
Yes, payment by cheque can follow your online registration. Please make cheques payable to “SHC/Rainbow Health Ontario Conference” in Canadian funds. Payment must be received by Friday, February 2, 2018 to be eligible for the early bird rate.
Registration is not confirmed unless accompanied by the appropriate fee.
Is there any financial assistance available?
Yes. A limited amount of funding assistance is available by applying to the Conference Access Fund. Access funds may be used to cover conference registration fees and in some cases, travel and accommodation. Applications may be submitted starting in October 2017 – the deadline for applications is December 18, 2017.
Can I share the conference registration with another colleague from my workplace?
No, multiple people cannot alternate attendance based on one registration. The RHO 2018 Conference is designed to be a continuous learning experience that will allow participants to maximize their learning and networking opportunities.
Can I transfer my conference registration to another colleague if I am unable to attend?
Yes. Participant substitutions are welcome and must be made in advance in writing to the Conference Planners, Rachel Gillooly & Associates at email@example.com with the names of both the original and substitute registrant. Substitutions must be made by Friday, March 2, 2018. Please note that any change or cancellation of travel or hotel reservations is the exclusive responsibility of the registrant.
Which parts of the conference will be available in French?
The conference is not fully bilingual, however all plenary sessions and one workshop in each time slot will be offered with simultaneous translation. Plenaries and workshops may be delivered in French or English. RHO encourages Francophones to attend the conference.
What is the cancellation policy?
All cancellations must be received in writing no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Friday, February 23, 2018. There is a $75 processing fee for all cancellations. Advance registrations cancelled after February 23, 2018 will not be refunded for any reason. Likewise, those who register but do not attend will not receive a refund.
If I am presenting at the conference, do I need to register?
Yes. Confirmed presenters are encouraged to attend and participate in the full conference but are required to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses, and to register and pay the presenter’s special conference registration fee, or if unable to attend the entire conference, the day-of presentation registration fee of $250.
How can I become a sponsor or an exhibitor at the conference?
There are sponsorship, exhibition and advertising opportunities available at the RHO 2018 Conference. Please visit here for more information or contact Devon MacFarlane directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What networking opportunities are available at the conference?
Both formal and informal opportunities to network will be available at the Conference. There will be a bulletin board available for people to organize their own informal get-togethers and to leave comments and messages, and there will be a general table available for participants to exchange key program materials.
Where can I find the conference schedule and session descriptions?
The preliminary conference program will be available on the website in October 2017, so please check for updates.
I’m planning my travel arrangements. When should I plan on arriving and departing?
Conference activities will begin with optional Learning Institutes on Wednesday, March 21. The full conference begins on Thursday, March 22 at 8:00 am. Conference activities will end at approximately 2:30 pm on Saturday, March 24.
What is the attire for the conference?
Casual, comfortable attire is recommended for presenters and participants. You may wish to bring a light jacket or sweater for varying temperatures in the Hotel. Casual business attire is also acceptable, but not necessary.
Accessibility at the Radisson Sudbury hotel
- Wheelchair accessibility: All conference spaces at the Radisson Sudbury Hotel are wheelchair accessible, as are a number of guest rooms (please be specific when making your hotel reservation).
- ASL: Sign Language Interpretation (ASL) will be available on request. However, if you do not request this service using the online conference registration system before Friday, January 26, 2018, we cannot guarantee it will be provided. Should you request this service, and be unable to attend the conference, you must notify us before Friday, February 23, 2018 so that we can cancel the ASL interpreters and avoid unnecessary costs.
- Assistive Listening Systems: These will be available on request, via hearing aids, headsets or other devices and may include infrared, loop and FM systems. Portable systems may also be available.
- Special diets: Conference participants will be able to indicate special diet requests on the online registration form. You will then be provided information about the specifics of your request when you check in at the conference registration desk.
Will washrooms be gender inclusive?
Yes. All washrooms at the Radisson Sudbury Hotel will be gender inclusive.
How can I ask for more information?
Please contact email@example.com