On this page
- About RHO and LGBT2SQ research
- RHO’s work on research advisory committees
- Join RHO’s LGBT2SQ health researcher contact database
- Open LGBT2SQ health research listings
- LGBT2SQ health research listing submission form
About RHO and LGBT2SQ research
As part of our mandate to improve LGBT2SQ health outcomes in Ontario, Rainbow Health Ontario (RHO) acts as a catalyst for LGBT2SQ health research through partnerships, knowledge translation, advisory committee participation, and by fostering research networks.
We also host a contact database of researchers working in LGBT2SQ health, and list open LGBT2SQ health research on this website.
RHO’s work on research advisory committees
RHO is currently sitting on advisory committees for the TransFormed Project and the Due Justice for All project. We are also on the advisory committee for the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (RNAO)’s development of guidelines for working with LGBTQ populations.
The TransFormed Project
The goal of the TransFormed Project is to identify and respond to the needs of Two-Spirit, non-binary, trans, gender non-conforming and gender questioning people who live in or access services in the GTA intended to promote healthy relationships and prevent partner violence. The TransFormed team anticipates that active recruitment of online and written survey participants will take place from mid-August to mid-October 2018. For more information or to request a recruitment flyer, please contact Ilene Hyman (Researcher) or Tatiana Ferguson (Coordinator).
Due Justice for all
The Due Justice for All project is led by WomenatthecentrE, the Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) and METRAC Action on Violence. As described on METRAC’s website, “Due Justice for All is a collaborative project that is taking an evidence-based approach to understanding survivors’ experiences, current scholarship, and international models of responding to sexual violence.” Read more about Due Justice for All.
- Rainbow Health Ontario’s LGBT2SQ populations supplement to the Health Equity Impact Assessment (HEIA) tool is now available!
Join RHO’s LGBT2SQ Health Researcher Contact Database
This database features profiles of LGBT2SQ health researchers in Canada who hold faculty positions in academic institutions or who work as research scientists. It was created to help LGBT2SQ health researchers share information about their work and connect with one another.
If you are a researcher working in the area of LGBT2SQ health, please get in touch with us to have your details included in this database.
Open LGBT2SQ health research listings
RHO lists third-party LGBT2SQ health research on this website and helps promote these studies once we’ve reviewed them according to our policies. If you have research to submit, please use our form below.
Research currently listed
Visit the research summaries page to see more details at a glance about these open studies.
- Pre-Surgical Mental Health Readiness Assessments for Gender Confirming Surgeries: A Survey of Canadian Practices | closes 09/15/19
- Toward a Practice Framework for Sexual and Gender Minority Forced Migrants Acculturating into Canadian Society | closes 12/01/19
- Experience and unmet needs of transgender middle-aged and older adults in oncology care: A qualitative study | closes 05/01/20
- Where I can be? Trajectories of equity and inclusion for transgender and non-binary older adults within community-based social support programming | closes 05/31/20
- An Examination of Resilience Against HIV/AIDS Among Middle-Aged and Older Men Who Have Sex With Men: Resources, Strengths and Protective Factors | closes 12/15/2020
- The Ontario PrEP Cohort Study | closes 03/01/20
- Supporting Trans and Gender-Diverse Youth: Policy and Practice | closes 12/31/21
LGBT2SQ health research listing submission form
Fields marked with * are mandatory.