The website was created for individuals and organizations:Who want to find information about lesbians, gays and bisexuals grounded in scientific knowledge, who want to find datasets to analyze that include sexual orientation data, and who want to learn how to collect sexual orientation data. This website encourages the collection of sexual orientation data and the analysis of data sources that have already collected such data. In order to facilitate this process, this website covers the following topics:
• Data Sources – What information systems and databases have collected sexual orientation data?
• Knowledge – What have we learned about LGBs from these data sources?
• Measures – How is the concept of “sexual orientation” usually defined and measured for research purposes?
• Sampling – How can samples of LGBs be drawn?
• Recommend – Sexual orientation data has now been collected frequently enough that we know it can be done successfully. What recommendations can be made based upon this experience?