Registration is Open for the Fifth Biennial Rainbow Health Ontario Conference: Because LGBTQ2S Health Matters
Rainbow Health Ontario invites you to join us for the fifth biennial RHO Conference from March 21-24, 2018 in Sudbury, Ontario. We recognize that we will be gathering on the territories of the Atikameksheng and Wahnapitae First Nations, who are part of the Anishnawbek Nation.
This conference will focus on building partnerships in health and social services to promote the health of Ontario’s diverse LGBTQ2S populations, including those in northern and rural areas. In our programming, we have emphasized an intersectional approach to health and well-being, streamed according to 7 themes: clinical practice; public policy, activism and human rights; community support and development; professional education and training; research; organization and systems change; and ethics and law. Additionally, we’ve encouraged content that focuses on Indigenous, Francophone, rural and northern, racialized, and newcomer LGBTQ2S needs and access.
Setting the tone for the conference as our opening plenary speaker, we are delighted to welcome Candy Palmater, who will speak about how love, kindness and self-acceptance matter for LGBTQ2S health and well-being. A recovered lawyer turned feminist comic, Candy is an actor, writer, columnist, international speaker, activist, comedian and multiple award-winning TV and radio personality, who has executive produced three films on Mi’kmaw culture.
Register today to join a dynamic network of health and social service providers, community members, researchers, and policy makers coming together to advance the health outcomes of LGBTQ2S Ontarians.
- Rooms at the Radisson Sudbury are sold out. The Conference has booked an additional block of rooms at the Clarion Hotel (117 Elm St., Sudbury( just up the road from the Radisson (the conference site). Guests can book direct through the front desk at 705-674-7517 and ask for the “Rainbow Health Ontario 2018 Conference” block. Reservations can be made until Feb. 21, 2018. Standard – $124, Executive Queen – $134, et Executive King – $144, plus taxes.
- Coming to the conference? Book your fares using our travel partner discounts.
Interested in advertising in the conference program, sponsoring a high-visibility plenary, or snagging an exhibitor booth for the 2018 conference? Read our Sponsorship Prospectus for details.
When is the conference?
- Tuesday, March 20: The registration desk opens in the afternoon
- Wednesday, March 21: Conference activities begin with optional pre-conference Learning Institutes
- Thursday, March 22 to Saturday, March 24: Main conference programming …read more
This fund is available to residents of Ontario. The deadline for submission is Monday, December 18 at 9am. Only complete applications will be considered.
Sign up for our RHO Conference mailing list for the latest conference news, delivered right to your inbox.
- Download our Save the Date to share through your networks
- Sign up for our RHO Conference e-mail list (and share the link!)
- Use the hashtag #RHOConference
Conference Registration Fees
Registration type Individual Small Organization* Student Presenter early bird** regular early bird** regular early bird** regular special rate Single Day (Learning Institute, or one of: Thursday, Friday or Saturday) $250 $325 $175 $225 $150 $200 $250 Learning Institute and full conference (Wednesday through Saturday) $550 $675 $400 $500 $325 $425 $500 Full conference, without Learning Institute (Thursday through Saturday) $425 $500 $300 $375 $250 $300 $375
*budget less than $1 million
**early bird rates in effect until Feb. 2, 208
- Learning Institute registration fees include full-day training (one learning institute only), training materials, breakfast, lunch and two refreshment breaks and evening reception.
- Full conference registration fees include access to all conference sessions, the exhibit hall, poster presentations, conference materials, Welcome Reception, breakfast and lunch on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and all refreshment breaks.
- Single-day conference registration fees include access to conference sessions and the exhibit hall, materials, breakfast, lunch and refreshment breaks on that day only.
PLEASE NOTE: 13% HST will be added to all fees
The 2018 conference will be held at the Radisson Sudbury. Please note that the Radisson’s rooms are sold out, but rooms are also available at the nearby Clarion Hotel. Please see our FAQ page for details on booking your accommodation.
Travel partner discounts
Coming to the Conference? Book with our travel partners, Via Rail, Air Canada, Porter, and Westjet to get a discount.