The new Guidelines are here!
The 4th edition of Sherbourne Health’s Guidelines for gender-affirming primary care with trans and non-binary patients (formerly the Guidelines and protocols for hormone therapy and primary health care for trans clients) is now available for download. (more…)
Join RHO’s LGBT2SQ-positive Service Provider Directory
Register yourself, your practice or your team for free. The directory is visited over 1000 times monthly and is searchable by postal code as well as profession and services. (more…)
Rainbow Health Ontario 2020 Conference cancelled as a COVID-19 precaution
The Rainbow Health Ontario (RHO) 2020 Conference scheduled for April 21-23, 2020 in Niagara Falls, Ontario at the Sheraton on the Falls is now cancelled. This decision is based on the latest information available about the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent recommendation from Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. David Williams to immediately suspend all gatherings of over 250 people. The health and safety of our conference attendees and presenters, our staff and the general public is our highest priority. Read more.
- Building Better Support for Trans Youth during COVID and Beyond | closes 06/30/20
- Improving Healthcare for Intersex Canadians Through Effective Health Communication | closes 07/31/20
- An Examination of Resilience Against HIV/AIDS Among Middle-Aged and Older Men Who Have Sex With Men: Resources, Strengths and Protective Factors | closes 12/15/2020
- Transgender and non-binary individuals’ experiences in healthcare | closes 01/31/21
- Supporting Trans and Gender-Diverse Youth: Policy and Practice | closes 12/31/21
Visit the Trans Health Knowledge Base for answers to your questions about transitioning
The Trans Health Knowledge Base is a collection of FAQs about trans health and transitioning for trans and non-binary people in Ontario. Visit today to get answers about health care, social transition, hormones, TRS and more.
Transition-related surgeries (TRS) FAQ
This FAQ is a guide to the assessment and referral process for Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care approval for OHIP funding. (more…)
TRS Surgical Summary Sheets
Intended for use by primary care providers, these summary sheets about transition-related surgeries (TRS) were created to facilitate discussion of TRS between primary care providers and patients. (more…)