Finding and Building a Therapeutic Relationship with your Healthcare Provider(s)
This resource is currently only available in English. Visit our English resources for 2SLGBTQ health information in English.
Questions? Get in touch with us at email@example.com
Finding a healthcare provider (HCP) can be challenging for many cis and trans, Two-Spirit, gay, and bisexual men who have sex with men (2SGBMSM). For 2SGBMSM, personal disclosure of sexual orientation, gender identity, and sexual behaviors and practices can be stressful and uncomfortable. However, research also demonstrates that
disclosure to healthcare providers can be an affirming and validating experience. The factsheet can be adapted by the members of 2SLGBTQI+ communities to find a HCP and create specific questions you want to ask the HCP to find the best fit for you.
The factsheet covers the following areas:
1. Knowledge, skills, and experience of healthcare providers
2. Finding a healthcare provider
3. Setting the foundation and interview the healthcare provider
4. A sample list of questions to discuss with the HCP
5. Making a decision and building your relationship with the HCP