Accendus Group Psychotherapy
L’inscription est affichée dans la langue où elle nous a été proposée. Pour plus d’information, veuillez communiquer avec la personne ou l’organisme nous ayant soumis cette inscription.
345 Lakeshore Road East, Suite 200, OakvilleGet directions
Listing submitted by
Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
David is an individual, couples/relationship, and family therapist. He believes in creating a safe space where people of all backgrounds are welcome, and where clients feel seen, heard, valued, and supported. He works together with clients to empower inherent strengths and skills in those that he sees. Here, clients can discover greater feelings of connection, understanding, curiosity and mindfulness in their lives.
As an Elementary School Teacher since 2001, David has worked with children and youth in the learning environment, and supported students with a broad range of issues, including depression, anxiety, trauma, and relationship challenges.
As a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying), David has focused on a mindfulness-based framework that fosters self-discovery, as well as identifying and resisting shame. Specific treatment approaches include, but not limited to, evidence-based therapeutic modalities: Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, and Family Systems Therapy. He works from a trauma and attachment informed, harm reduction model of practice.
David also has a strong focus on providing psychotherapy services for LGBTQ individuals and couples.
David offers psychotherapy and counselling to individuals/couples, as well who are experiencing:
- Mood (major depression, bipolar I & II depression, persistent depressive disorder)
- Anxiety (social anxiety, panic attacks, generalized anxiety disorder)
- Addiction (substances)
- Process Addictions (gambling, hypersexuality, compulsive spending, internet and gaming, eating/food)
- Trauma (childhood and adult)
- Interpersonal Relationships, Intimacy and Attachment
- Conflict regarding Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Developing parenting partnerships in families in crisis