Claire Salisbury, Psychotherapist
L’inscription est affichée dans la langue où elle nous a été proposée. Pour plus d’information, veuillez communiquer avec la personne ou l’organisme nous ayant soumis cette inscription.
186 Albert Street, LondonGet directions
Listing submitted by
MSc, RP, CCC
My practice is particularly focused on helping transgender and gender questioning individuals. This includes parents, other family members, and partners having a difficult time coping with a loved one’s transition.
To this end, I offer the following individual services:
- Exploring one’s gender identity and expression
- Support and guidance for coming out to friends and family
- Navigating the process of transitioning, including hormonal and/or surgical interventions
- Psychotherapy for depression and anxiety related to gender identity
- Psychotherapy for family members struggling with a loved one’s transition
If you are a parent with a gender creative or trans-identified child, navigating this new terrain can be quite confusing. As such, I provide parent psychoeducation sessions on the social/medical transition in gender creative children, tailored to you and your family’s needs, and based on current research and available supports.
If you are another service provider or work in the school system, I provide seminars on working optimally with transgender clients in a therapeutic setting, and on understanding/navigating gender creativity in children and adolescents.