Helen Hargreaves MSW RSW – Therapy
L’inscription est affichée dans la langue où elle nous a été proposée. Pour plus d’information, veuillez communiquer avec la personne ou l’organisme nous ayant soumis cette inscription.
Listing submitted by
Registered Social Worker, Masters of Social Work
I believe in self-determination – this means that I don’t decide what needs to change; instead I help my clients change the things they want to. I value diverse communities and have experience with: gender independent children, LGBT-headed households, poly families, blended families and neurodiversity including autism spectrum, ADHD, learning disabilities and Tourette syndrome.
My approach is based on two beliefs: 1) That everyone is the expert on their own life, and that parents are the experts on their families; 2) That my job is to be well-informed about mental health and psychotherapeutic interventions, such as what approaches are the most effective for anxiety, or what kids tend to do at different developmental stages. Therapy is the most helpful when clients and I can collaborate to bring these two areas of expertise together.
- Individual Therapy (for people 9 years old and over)
- Flexible Family Therapy (family members need to be at least 4 years old to attend meetings)
- Parent counseling for parents of any aged childI can help people with:
- Anger management
- Emotional regulation
- Family challenges
- Communication struggles
- Accepting and supporting your children
- Behaviour management
- Finding new solutions to old problems
I have training in:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS)
I offer a free 30 minute consultation for new clients.