Vidya Therapy And Communication
L’inscription est affichée dans la langue où elle nous a été proposée. Pour plus d’information, veuillez communiquer avec la personne ou l’organisme nous ayant soumis cette inscription.
Listing submitted by
MSW, PhD in progress
I work with families of LGBTQIA+ folks to help support and validate their experiences as they come to terms with their loved-ones’ explorations and expressions of identity, and working with health care providers to unpack implicit bias. I also work with folks who are Neurodivergent, folks who are struggling with chronic or newly diagnosed illness, and folks considering career change. I take a holistic view of health and well-being, and work to support client’s self-determination.
My approach is anti-oppressive, incorporates critical race theory and aims to be de-colonial. I hold and honours BSW and MSW focusing on social justice and mental health, and am completing a PhD in Medicine examining critical Whiteness in psychiatry, and the pathway to address health care provider bias.
Who I work with:
I work with adults in many areas, including:
- Relationships and communication, including non-monogamy and kink
- LGBTQIA+, questioning and coming out
- Neurodivergence and managing work and family life
- Trauma coping skills
- Medical diagnoses and adjustment
- – including patient, and long-term-care system navigation
- Workplace challenges
- Career and education transitions
I also work with teens and their families in a variety of areas, including:
- Gender journeys
- Sexual orientation
- Medical issues
- Career preparation and education transitions
Health Care providers and administrators: I have a special interest in supporting your work related to:
- Burnout/ workplace stress
- Understanding & challenging implicit bias, and promoting personal & systemic change