Windsor-Essex Transgender and Allied Support
L’inscription est affichée dans la langue où elle nous a été proposée. Pour plus d’information, veuillez communiquer avec la personne ou l’organisme nous ayant soumis cette inscription.
536 Pelissier Street, WindsorGet directions
Listing submitted by
Windsor-Essex Transgender and Allied Support, is a community based organization with a focus on reducing the isolation of trans individuals, creating community and visibility of trans individuals, and providing support to individuals in a client directed and centered manner through partnerships with other community agencies.
Windsor-Essex Transgender and Allied Support believes that there is great value and therapeutic benefits to engaging with individuals who have lived experience. This fact is a key component to the way we provide supports to individuals and the reason we believe it is important to be trans owned and operated.
All individual supports are provided at a location that is most comfortable for the client with the only exception being counseling supports.
Referral Services/Peer Mentorship
W.E. Trans works to create partnerships with community agencies to assist clients to access services such as emergency shelters, housing, employment supports, income supports, counseling services and health care.
Advocacy support- provided on an individual basis at the clients request by a trained community advocate
- Assistance with filling out forms such as name change and gender marker change
- Assistance with community referrals and service navigation, based on client’s identified needs and goals
- Assisting with accessing emergency shelter and services.
- Assistance with filing Human Rights Applications
Trans-Action Group Program:
A peer facilitated, clinically supervised program or “group therapy” for up to 10 individuals per 8 week program cycle with various topics such as trans mental health, transgender and sexuality, trauma, how to be your own best advocate. Groups are held once per week at the W.E. Pride Fest Location (536 Pelissier). Groups will take place in county as needed.
- TranSpectrum– A peer facilitated social support group focused on creating a sense of community and socialization in a safe space. Members of this group will assist each other as they begin and go through transition. Groups held two Sundays a month at 536 Pelissier- Contact us for details
- T2– A peer facilitated social support group for partners, friends, families, and allies of the trans community. The focus of this group is to support each other as we support those in our lives that are in transition. This group currently meets twice a month on alternating Sundays at 536 Pelissier-Contact us for detail
- T-Party– A once a month peer facilitated social event held one Saturday a month at varying locations. The focus of this group is to reduce the number of Transgender individuals who are living in isolation. This program also provided clients a level of safety as they are accessing the community in a group. Dates and locations are planned and posted 12 months in advance.*