Yellow Brick House – Shelter
L’inscription est affichée dans la langue où elle nous a été proposée. Pour plus d’information, veuillez communiquer avec la personne ou l’organisme nous ayant soumis cette inscription.
52 West Beaver Creek Road, Unit 4, Richmond HillGet directions
Helping survivors of domestic abuse extends beyond offering emergency shelter. The path to safety and self-sufficiency can include support groups, legal advocacy, life skills training, parenting classes, and transitional housing. Whether they are victims or witnesses of abuse, children also need love and support to heal.
Yellow Brick House offers a wide variety of programs in the shelter and throughout York Region to help women and children rebuild their lives. Our programs address each individual’s unique circumstances, whether they are in an abusive relationship or have recently fled one.
Services at a Glance
- 24 hour crisis telephone counselling
- Safe emergency shelter – 24 hours/day, 7 days/week
- Individual counselling
- Group Counselling
- Children’s programs and parenting support
- Legal assistance regarding separation, assault, family and criminal law
- Court support
- Information on applications (i.e. custody, support, restraining orders, legal aid)
- Brochures and articles on family law, criminal law and woman abuse
- Information and assistance with housing searches
- Referrals to community services
- Information on immigration issues
- Public and professional education to various aspects of the York Region community
Services are available in 27 languages. All services are free of charge and fully confidential.