Women’s Sexual Assault Centre of Renfrew County
L’inscription est affichée dans la langue où elle nous a été proposée. Pour plus d’information, veuillez communiquer avec la personne ou l’organisme nous ayant soumis cette inscription.
Box 1274, PembrokeGet directions
We offer support to women over the age of 16 who have experienced or are experiencing some form of sexual violence. We also offer support to family members, partners and the community. We are a non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General and the generous support of people in Renfrew County.
The centre opened its doors in Renfrew County in 1993 to support sexually assaulted women by listening, sharing information and offering resources. Since then we have grown to include:
- A 24 hour CONFIDENTIAL Support & Crisis Line for survivors of recent or historical sexual violence and those who support them
- Information & Community referrals
- A Lending library of books, videos, DVD’s & CD’s (can be used for school projects)
- Extensive Volunteer Training & Opportunities
- Workshops & Seminars
- Public Speaking for community groups, religious organizations, schools, colleges and other service providers
- Display booths at malls and information fairs
- Information for youth
Women’s Sexual Assault Centre of Renfrew County has undergone extensive LGBTQ training and is inclusive and affirming of LGBTQ people.