Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for trans and non-binary people in Ontario is no longer a specialty area. What this means is that in most cases, your current primary care provider (doctor or nurse practitioner) can provide HRT for you. If your provider is not familiar with HRT, we have resources they can access to learn, such as Guidelines for Gender-Affirming Primary Care with Trans and Non-Binary Patients and Primary Health Care for Trans Patients. We also offer ongoing mentorship and training for healthcare providers to build their knowledge and clinical skills.

If you do not currently have a primary care provider, you can use our Service Provider Directory to find a provider in your area.