Please visit our Changing your name and/or sex marker on Government ID section, which covers name and/or sex marker changes for:

  • Ontario Birth Certificates
  • Citizenship Certificates or Permanent Resident cards
  • Ontario Drivers’ Licenses or Ontario Photo ID cards
  • Ontario Health Information Program (OHIP) cards
  • Canadian Passport or SIN cards

If you are looking to change multiple pieces of identification, consider changing your birth certificate first, since many of the other identity piece changes require your birth certificate to prove your identity.